Water, Sewer, Trash

Reports & Contacts

On City Streets and Property: 
Special Event Permit

On City Streets, Moving/Parades:
Parade Permit (Contact: Police 335-6621)

In City Parks:
Park Permit (Email Parks Dept)

Outdoor Music on {Public or Private Property}
Outdoor Music Permit

Water, Sewer, Trash
Pay Now Online | AutoPay Enrollment

Police/Court Fines
Pay Now Online
Traffic |Parking

  • Contact Info
  • 401 Independence, PO Box 617 Cape Girardeau, MO  63703
  • Telephone 573.339.6300
  • Email [email protected]

Sign Up for City News, Weekly Email Updates

Parks and Recreation:
Keep Cape Beautiful Property Recognition Nomination


Requests Information, Records, Research:
Online Records RequestPrint PDF 
Traffic Accident
Police Report Request & Background Check
(Call 339-6621)


Apply for City Jobs or Leadership:
Paid City Positions: Current Openings
Job Application: General | Police & 911
City Boards & Commissions: Current Openings
Online Board Application
Print PDF 

Related Downloads:
City Employee Handbook
Advisory Board Handbook

Community Development Permits & Applications

Annexation Petition Request Form
Application for Inactive Trade License
Application for Tax Increment Financing or Other Public Incentives
Awning Permit Application
Board of Appeals - Building Code Variance Application
Board of Examiners - Application for Inactive License
CBD Design Standards Approval Application
Certificate of Appropriateness Application
Commercial Building Permit Application
Demolition Permit Application
Development Code Administrative Relief Application
Development Code Exception Application
Downtown Mobile Vendor Permit
Driveway Permit Application
Fence Permit Application
Floodplain Development Permit Application
Generator Permit Application
License and Indemnity Agreement Request Form
Local Historic District Application
Local Historic Landmark Application
On-Street Dumpster Permit Application
Photovoltaic (PV) System Permit Application
Property Complaint Form
Request to Vacate Alley/Street Right-of-Way/Easement Petition
Residential Building Permit Application
Residential Deck Permit Application
Residential Dumpster Permit Application
Residential Pool Permit Application
Residential Rental License Registration Application
Retaining Wall Permit Application
Rezoning/Special Use Permit Application
Right-of-Way/Excavation Permit Application
Sewer Wye Connection Application Form
Shipping Container Permit Application
Sidewalk Café Permit Application
Sidewalk Permit Application
Sign Permit Application (including temporary)
Stormwater Management Permit Application
Subdivision Plat Application
Trade License - Application for Examination
Trades License Registration Application
Wireless Communications Facilities Permit Application
Worker's Compensation Insurance Coverage Waiver
Zoning Amendment Protest Petition
Zoning Code Variance Application