We are changing everything from our policies to our software
to better serve our utility customers. We’ll provide more modern billing options, help past-due customers get current, and give our staff the tools they need to better serve you.
Updating software will have the following impacts
on City utility customers this spring:
- April disconnect (for nonpayment) days have changed
- Meter reading schedules will change. All customers will be charged for their usage, as normal, but April and May bills could be lower/higher due to more/less days of meter readings on the bill. Any adjustment in April, will be made up for in May, and then billing cycles will resume to normal.
- April 25‐May 2 – no online payments accepted
- May 1 – office will be closed
- May bills will be sent one week later than usual. Due dates will also be one week later.
- For more information, download the utility billing changes fact sheet or contact us at Customer Service
Also effective July 1, 2017:
- Current accounts will not be affected, but the deposit fee for new, transferred or reconnected utility services will increase to $155.
- Pay agreements are changing.
- Following two returned checks on an account, checks will no longer be accepted.
- The annual rate adjustment is also likely to be effective as this time.
- Download the utility policy changes fact sheet
Coming Late Summer 2017
- Email bills
- Enhanced customer service portal
- Pay by phone
Thank you for your patience as we update our software and policies in the City of Cape Girardeau Customer Service Division.