|Following these tips will help you reduce your wait time at any security checkpoint.
Before the Airport
At the Airport
- Do NOT pack or bring TSA prohibited items or FAA prohibited items to the airport.
- Place valuables such as jewelry, cash, and electronics in carry-on baggage only. Tape your business card to the bottom of your laptop.
- Avoid wearing shoes, clothing, jewelry, and accessories that contain metal. Metal items may set off the alarm on the metal detector.
- Do not pack wrapped gifts and do not bring wrapped gifts to the checkpoint. Wrap on arrival or ship your gifts prior to your departure.
TSA may have to unwrap packages for security reasons.
- Put all undeveloped film and cameras with film in your carry-on baggage. Checked baggage screening equipment will damage undeveloped film.
- Declare firearms and ammunition to your airline and place it in your checked baggage. If you wish to lock your baggage, use a TSA recognized lock.
- Do not bring prohibited lighters and matches to the airport.
- Keep available your airline boarding pass and government-issued photo ID for each adult traveler until you exit the security checkpoint.
- Place the following items IN your carry-on baggage prior to entering the screening checkpoint:
- Mobile phones
- Loose change
- Money clips
- Large amounts of jewelry
- Metal hair decorations
- Large belt buckles
- Take your laptop and video cameras with cassettes OUT of their cases
- Take OFF your outer coat, suit coat, jacket, or blazer.
With no more than ten passengers per flight, Cape Air security is a breeze, with friendly service and a fast connection to St. Louis and beyond.
Procedures upon arrival in St. Louis are different depending on:
- If you will check luggage
- Your connecting carrier
No security re-screening at STL. You will land in your terminal or be shuttled directly to it.
CHECKED LUGGAGE PASSENGERS:
No security re-screening for most passengers. Some will re-screen including Southwest and AirFrance passengers.
VIEW STL Terminal Maps