Since 1995, over 8,500 points of I and I have been removed. City Staff has been asked to do presentations at conferences explaining our I and I program. Sewer/Storm Water line separation work was instrumental in receipt of the 1998 Governor’s Pollution Prevention Award Meets quarterly with Cape County Health Department to coordinate informational efforts and develop preventive measures for the control of grease and debris in sewer lines - including establishment of a grease trap inspection program.
- Our Sewer Division Maintains 225 miles of sewer lines Repairs over 50 manholes each year.
- Cleans approximately 400,000 feet of sewer lines with rodding and jet rodding machines annually.
- Inspects and troubleshoots problems in approximately 30,000 feet of sewer lines annually using televised equipment.
- Provides locates for contractors and residents and maintains membership in Missouri One Call System 5,215 locates were done during the 2008 - 2009 budget year.
- Provides periodic cleaning of manholes and lift stations Investigates sewer concerns reported by citizens - including sewer odors and backups.
- Maintains successful I and I (Inflow and Infiltration) program - separation of Sewer & Storm Water lines Smoke testing and removal of roof drains connected to sewer system are key elements to I & I success.
- Cleans the scale and leachate pits at the City Transfer Station Cleans out the grit removal system at the Public Works facility with the sewer vacuum truck Assists in emergency situations such as storm response and snow removal - including assistance to neighboring communities during major disasters.
2007 Southern Expressway Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Telephone: 573-339-6351 Fax: 573-339-6363