- Our Sewer Division Maintains 225 miles of sewer lines Repairs over 50 manholes each year.
- Cleans approximately 400,000 feet of sewer lines with rodding and jet rodding machines annually.
- Inspects and troubleshoots problems in approximately 102,000 feet of sewer lines annually using televised equipment.
- Provides locates for contractors and residents and maintains
membership in Missouri One Call System 4,350 locates were done during
the 2013-2014 budget year.
- Provides periodic cleaning of manholes and lift stations
Investigates sewer concerns reported by citizens - including sewer odors
- Maintains successful I and I (Inflow and Infiltration) program -
separation of Sewer & Storm Water lines Smoke testing and removal
of roof drains connected to sewer system are key elements to I & I
- Cleans the scale and leachate pits at the City Transfer Station
Cleans out the grit removal system at the Public Works facility with the
sewer vacuum truck
- Assists in emergency situations such as storm response and snow
removal - including assistance to neighboring communities during major
- Since 1995, over 8,600 points of I and I have
been removed. City Staff has been asked to do presentations at
conferences explaining our I and I program. Sewer/Storm Water line
separation work was instrumental in receipt of the 1998 Governor’s
Pollution Prevention Award
- Meets quarterly with Cape County Health
Department to coordinate informational efforts and develop preventive
measures for the control of grease and debris in sewer lines - including
establishment of a grease trap inspection program.
- Operates the pump stations during high river levels
Telephone: 573-339-6351 Fax: 573-339-6363
2007 Southern Expressway Cape Girardeau, MO email@example.com