Tuesday 3 p.m.
Thursday 3 p.m.
Right of Appeal/Trial de Novo
If the Judge finds you guilty after trial you have the right to appeal this decision. When you appeal you are asking for a new trial. The appeal is called a Trial De Novo. Your application for Trial De Novo must be filed within 10 days of the trial. Payment of a portion of the fine or failure to file the application within 10 days forfeits your right to appeal.
A filing fee of $30 is required for each case appealed. The filing fee(s) and application for Trial De Novo must be filed with the Clerk before the case is transferred to the Circuit Court. This payment must be in the form of a Check or Money Order ONLY, payable to the "Associate Circuit Court".
If you wish to appeal, you must tell the Judge or the Municipal Court Clerk. Forms are available for an appeal at the Violation Bureau.
Mandatory Court Appearances Only certain traffic violations are payable without an appearance in court. The following violations require a court appearance either in accordance with State Law or by the order of the Municipal Judge:
- Driving with suspended or revoked license
- C & I driving
- Driving without a valid operators license
- Failure to provide proof of insurance (if pleading not guilty or providing Proof of Insurance to court)
- Any traffic offense involving an accident (regardless of extent of damage)
- All non-traffic ordinance violations (for example: stealing, peace disturbance, assault, animal control violations, nuisance violations, etc.)
Court Clerks are available Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., to assist you with general information. However, they cannot give legal advice.