||AGENDAS and MINUTES
The purpose of the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board is to develop cost-effective recommendations for how the Cape Girardeau City Government can:
(1) Reduce energy consumption;
(2) Improve energy use efficiency;
(3) Reduce the City's environmental impact;
(4) Participate in environmental projects;
(5) Enhance its sustainability (defined as activities that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs); and
(6) Serve as a positive role model and leader by providing educational information to the community and the surrounding region to reduce our environmental impact.
Seven citizen advisors serve three year terms and are appointed by the City Council, one City Council member serving as an ex-officio member, and such other ex-officio members as may be appointed. Ex-officio members will be non-voting members of this committee. The council shall make every effort to appoint persons with a demonstrated interest in promoting environmental sustainability in city operations. To the extent available, the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board shall include professional members representing such disciplines as environmental science, engineering, resource management, transportation, public works, recreation, facilities management, construction, or any other field related to environmental science. The term of office of the appointed members of the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board shall be for three years. Every voting member of the Advisory Board shall be a resident of the city of Cape Girardeau. However, if the City Council makes a finding that special expertise is required, up to two additional ex-officio members who are residents of Cape Girardeau County may also be appointed.
Members of the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board shall represent a variety of sectors of the community such as business, education, and health care. The Advisory Board may create such other subcommittees, both of members and nonmembers, as they deem necessary. Those subcommittees shall be referred to as "focus groups." At least one voting member of the Advisory Board shall be a member of each focus group.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library.
Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board
Public Works Department
2007 Southern Expressway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703