|The Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board provided a great service to the city through their dissolution in December 2015. Though no longer an active advisory panel associated with the City, the group had the choice to move forward as an independent group. If you have green ideas for the City, contact us now.
The purpose of the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board was to develop cost-effective recommendations for how the Cape Girardeau City Government can:
(1) Reduce energy consumption;
(2) Improve energy use efficiency;
(3) Reduce the City's environmental impact;
(4) Participate in environmental projects;
(5) Enhance its sustainability (defined as activities that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs); and
(6) Serve as a positive role model and leader by providing educational information to the community and the surrounding region to reduce our environmental impact.
Seven citizen advisers served up to three year terms and were appointed by the City Council, one City Council member serving as an ex-officio member, and such other ex-officio members as may have been appointed. Ex-officio members were non-voting members of this committee. The council made every effort to appoint persons with a demonstrated interest in promoting environmental sustainability in city operations. To the extent available, the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board included professional members representing such disciplines as environmental science, engineering, resource management, transportation, public works, recreation, facilities management, construction, or any other field related to environmental science. Most of the voting members of the Advisory Board were residents of the city of Cape Girardeau.
Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board
Public Works Department
2007 Southern Expressway
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
About the Board Video
Heady, Charles (ex-officio)
Michelle Otte (ex-officio)
Joe Uzoaru (Ex-officio-Council)